Experience SUP yoga! Enjoy as a practitioner. - Learn to teach. - Create a yoga business on the water.
- SUP basics and technique
- Class Development/Sequencing for the SUP, beginner and advanced
- Adaptation of Yoga t0 SUP, including adjusting postures for the water
- Proper alignment and safety for body
- Water Safety
- How to plan for Weather
- Easy handling and transport for boards
- Brief Paddle Technique Introduction
- Working with someone in SUP Yoga who has never done yoga / working with a yogi on the SUP who has never been on a board / working with someone who can't swim
- Anchor Systems: Individual & Group
- Ethics & Philosophy of a SUP Yogi, as applied to your modern-day life
- Basic Pranayama & Meditation on SUP
- Business of SUP Yoga - How to plan classes and work with SUP companies for rental vs buying your own, marketing your business, private lessons, private group lessons and classes
- Physical practice / Experiential Understanding
- Practice Teaching
- Hands-On Demonstrations
- Active Inquiry, Group Discussion & Coaching
- T Nolan SUP Yoga Manual
- Personal attention / Small Class Size
- Certified T Nolan SUP Yoga Instructor
- Yoga Alliance: Registered 200-RYT add 25 CE hours (Continuing Education)
Locations & Dates
Waupaca - 2018 Dates Coming Soon
Milwaukee - 2018 Dates Coming Soon
Manitowish Waters - 2018 Dates Coming Soon
(25 hours contact time / 5 non-contact hours)
$695 Full Course & Certification
(*Please note regular price is $995, but T Nolan is
offering a reduced first year discounted price.)
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do I have to have experience using a stand-up paddleboard?
Of course, experience will be helpful, but it is not a requirement. You will gain some experience in the class. Doing yoga on a board and paddling are quite different, so you may find the yoga even easier than paddling or even standing on the board.
Do I need to be Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT)?
You can take this course without the 200-RYT or 500-RYT credentials, but you will not receive certification until you have received your RYT-200 or completed an acceptable training course in yoga. Please ask Tara directly if you have further questions. It is important to have knowledge of yoga to take this training, and more important to have comprehensive education if you are to share the gift of yoga with others, whether on the mat or on the water.